Friday, May 27, 2011

Community Undertaking

I am so happy it's Friday!  Are you all looking forward to Memorial Day Weekend?  I know I am.  

I have been really busy the last several months and all for a great cause.  I have been asked to be a part of the design team for Rockford Sharefest.  It's a once a year event where Heartland Community Church, volunteers and businesses from all over our city come together to renovate certain schools.  It's our way of giving back : )

Check this video out..
(to listen to the video please press pause for the music in side bar)

I had to come up with design inspiration for a teachers lounge at one of the schools and here is my inspiration


I met several days ago with the other ladies (not all of them) to go over the plans for the teachers lounge which we are in (in this picture below) but also to finalize everything else for that school.


These guys are genius carpenters.  Thank God for Becky helping us get all the measurements right.


Everyone has been a joy to work with.  I can't wait to show all of you what has been accomplished : )

BTW... Have a great Memorial Day weekend.  Say thank you to our men and women in uniform if you come across them.

The song "Discover Life " was written by my husband for Rockford Sharefest .. hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...