Monday, June 24, 2013

Summer Grilling

Good Afternoon!

Several days ago I was preparing for a lunch meeting and wanted to wow my guest with my grilling skills.  I found this recipe from my Weber Grilling Book.  It was so simple and delicious!

(pictures are mine..recipe not)

Cilantro Pesto Chicken Tenders


2 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts
(or just get them already chopped in a bag)



Recipe calls for 2 medium garlic cloves.. I added 3 (love garlic)


1 1/2 cups loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves with tender stems


1/2 cup loosely packed fresh Italian parsley leaves and tender stems
(add salt and pepper)

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

Blend all in food processor.

Place 2lbs of chicken breast tenders (I use organic) in a plastic bag with the pesto.

Let marinade in fridge for 2hr minimum.


Grill over Direct high heat until meat is firm and juices run
clear.


Here is the finished product!  I made a baked potato with some side salad.  Healthy and easy.
Btw..you can even sprinkle with a little lime juice.

Hoping you're enjoying the summer so far : )



3 comments:

  1. oh YUM. I think even I might be able to pull this off!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh MY this sounds delicious!! I am definitely going to try this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really good, will definitely be trying it, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...