Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Coastal Design

Good Afternoon!

I am an East Coast girl and I can't tell you how much I miss the ocean and the sand underneath my feet.

 I used to go to the shore all the time.  There is nothing like it.

I find coastal design to be very peaceful and even though I can't have the ocean on a daily basis at least interior wise I can have elements of it in my home.

Some pics that are inspiring me right now.




Love the straw hats against the white paneled walls.  They add such a carefree natural element to the staircase.

Source: veranda.com via Kelly on Pinterest



The driftwood beams and shelving is gorgeous.





Of course you have to add in one of my favorite colors, blue.  Bringing the serenity of the ocean indoors.




Bunk room for kids.  Nautical themed without going overboard..no pun intended.. lol.


(HGTV)

The simplicity of this space is very relaxing.  The sheer white drapes, the natural wood elements, and the rug the makes me think of sand is stunning and brings harmony.
I have brought sheers into my home too.  I love the way the space breathes now.
What do you think about coastal living?  Is this a style you would incorporate into your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...