Monday, June 20, 2011

Just A Taste

Happy Monday!  I hope everyone had a great weekend.  

This is the week where the design elements come together and we create a functional, more relaxing space for the teachers lounge.  This has been a project that has been serviced by volunteers and donations from all over our city.  I have done my best to make the dollars stretch in this space  : )

I want to give you a taste of what's to come.

This is in our basement (unfinished) so don't mind the red carpet : ))  These are the chairs that my husband painted for me.  We did it with an oil paint that completely cures within a week.  Today we get to put it all back together and that makes me happy.

These are going to be the seat cushions for those frames I showed you above.  I had them reupholstered.  I just love this fabric.

There was some fabric left over and decided that I would use it to be the backdrop of a shelving unit that will go in the kitchenette.  Thank God for Mod Podge.

I fell in love with this little box at a garage sale that my daughter bought for $1 as her donation to Rockford Sharefest .   We decided to paint it and now.

It will be used to hold magazines.  The color is called Dover Gray.  

I still have 2 more chairs that need to be refinished and that will hopefully be done by tomorrow.  Crossing my fingers that I will be able to show you a completely done space by Friday.



2 comments:

  1. That yellow fabric is gorgeous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it so much! Want to use it in my home..just need to figure out where..hmm

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...