Friday, June 29, 2012

Pelmut (Cornice) Wrapping


Good Morning!

Hope everyone is enjoying that this is Friday.  I believe just that thought brings immediate relaxation.. don't you?

If you remember in previous posts (here and here) my husband and I were making pelmuts or cornices (another word for them).  Now we begin the process of wrapping.



In this pic we are wrapping it with batting so it has a more plush look.
 We were trying to get these done before a visit from our family. 

 Here is my daughter cutting the batting to fit the pelmut.

 Then we took it outside and adhered the batting with a spray adhesive. It's really sticky so where rubber gloves.


 We took the fabric, cut it, and began stapling all around.

 My daughter making sure all staples are all the way in.  She is Mommy's helper : )

There is one completely done..2 more to go.


Do you have any projects that you are currently working on?  Would love to hear about it.


BTW..
The Byron Forest Preserve remodel has begun.  This is exciting.  I will have pics to show you for Monday : )

One more thing..we haven't had rain here in forever and right now I hear the sound of thunder and rain hitting my skylights..such a wonderful sound : )














































2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...