Monday, November 28, 2011

An Edible Wreath?

Hello Everyone!
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving : )

My in-laws are here from Canada and it truly has been a wonderful visit.



The day after Thanksgiving every year we go and cut down our Christmas tree.


We got two this year : )  It was so much fun!

Starting the decorating process with my daughter..

(living/dining room tree)

Speaking of decorations.. I add more decorations every year and I want to share one with you that my daughter and I did last year.

I love Angelo Surmelis blog.  If you are not following him I encourage you to go check him out.  I found this post on some very creative Christmas wreaths and one in particular took my breath away.  It was the first one.  The marshmallow one.

I decided I wanted to make this as well.
Here is the tutorial on how to create it.

A Marshmallow World
While you’re picking up marshmallows for hot chocolate, buy a few extra bags to make this easy (30-minute!) winter-white wreath. Insert about 150 toothpicks halfway into a 12-inch flat foam wreath, then skewer a marshmallow onto each toothpick. Refrigerate overnight to set. (Birds may fancy this one, so consider hanging it inside.)

Let me tell you..it didn't take me 30min.  because I bought a straw wreath (never do that and a much larger one) but I did because the store didn't have the size foam wreath I wanted.  It was very hard to do (putting the toothpicks in the straw and messy).  It ended taking us several hours.  Go with the foam wreath and I guarantee it will go smoothly..hahaha.

Here is how ours turned out.

Those are cranberries.  A different take and a good first attempt.  Spending time with my daughter...priceless!

It is hanging in our home again this year.

What crafts have you been doing for the Holiday season?  Would love to see.  Send them to me and you may be a featured on the blog.

Have a great week!




5 comments:

  1. Cute wreath! I have never made one but this looks awesome. This may sound totally random, but you have lovely hair! At least in the photo at the top it looks awesome. (I have curly hair that I try to kill with straighteners, but wish it looked like yours when curly!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun tradition! Looks like you had an awesome Thanksgiving...And the wreath turned out great. I want to eat it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Amy! I have had a hair journey hahaha. I think I have tried every product out there. I use Paul Mithchell shampoo and conditioner and I use TIGI (curls rock cream) and Garnier Pure Clean Gel. Maybe it will work for you as well. Thank you for stopping by : )

    Jessica, thank you : ) It was a great Thanksgiving! Hope yours was awesome too. I always look forward to reading your blog. So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your wreath! I just pinned it on Pinterest! Thanks for the great idea. Yours looks awesome with the cranberries added.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shannon, thank you so much! It means a lot coming from you..you are the craft genius : )
    I am following all your boards on Pinterest now : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...