Monday, July 11, 2011

Can It be? : Landscaping

Happy Monday!

My husband and I woke up to the sound of strong winds, deafening thunder and lightning that looked like spider veins.  So glad that we didn't have any damage but a friend of ours down the street has trees down.  They are fine I am glad to report.

There have been really strange weather patterns around here lately.  I am hoping my readers stay safe through this unpredictable summer.

I guess this is a great time to talk about yard clean up and continue our "Can It Be" series.  We moved into this house almost 3yrs ago now and boy did we have a task on our hands and might I add still do.

Yes, a hot mess!  That is only one small section.  
The previous owner was a gardener (went all out) but the house was empty for a year and a half and I didn't know which were plants and weeds.  We purchased the house going into fall.  The following year I let it all grow up to see what I had.  Not being the most keen on plants I had to ask my neighbor to identify some of them.

Now that I took inventory it was time to start cleaning out.  I know that the previous owner put his heart and soul into this but weeds got in the way and began to take over what was good.

This is a far away pic where you can't really see the weeds but it will give you an idea of the expanse of what we were working with.
The whole side section.

Our second year we worked with the front (by the light post) pulling out what we could.

Here I am!  Working hard.

Gotta take a pic of Corey too : )

Cleared out the weeds from around the tree.

So much work!

Now here is what it looks like 3yrs later cleaned out.

Do you see that wide open space?
Here is my inspiration...

I want it to be peaceful as people are walking by the house and at night to have it lit.

It got me thinking on how all of us should be taking inventory of our own lives and pull out what is choking us in becoming that beautiful garden that we are meant to be.  Our lives are meant to bring beauty to those who come in contact with it.  It's a process that can be painful and tedious but definitely well worth it.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy! You have your work cut out for you. My husband and I did all of our own landscaping ourselves too. It's back breaking, dirty grunt work, but it's worth it. We now have a yard we are proud of. You two are off to a great start.

    Thanks for becoming a new follower of my blog! I'm following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it will pay off in time. It's good to know of someone else who has done it.

    I loved your blog..and that chandelier was amazing! It's funny because my daughters room is painted that same color : )

    Thank you for the follow as well : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...