Friday, July 29, 2011

Random Friday

I am so happy it's Friday!  I was looking forward to this because my kids are at a friends house swimming which leaves me with some peace and quiet for several hours.  Can you hear my sigh of relief?  I thought you could : )

We have had an exciting past couple of days with severe weather hitting us yet again.  I don't know about you all but I am so over it.  Very happy that today has ended up being beautiful.

Two nights ago we headed on down to our tornado room and I prayed asking God to keep us safe and that nothing would hit our home.  Well, little did I know while I was praying that one of my trees broke from the base.  Here is the pic I took just yesterday.

That tree is massive.  If it fell toward our house...well, I would be calling the insurance company.  It is in the same position today caught up in two other trees.  Our friend Steve, Passion for Simplicity, said that the tree is not going anywhere by the way it landed.  My shed is safe for now until my husband can chop it all up for firewood : )
So thankful that God heard my prayer.

I also wanted to share with you a runner I designed for the tables in the teachers lounge.  I just got it today and am so excited!



They are 8'6" in length and the fabric came from Hancock. Thanks to the wonderful Diane for sewing them for me.  I think I need to take up sewing..don't you think?

Have a wonderful weekend all and stay safe ; )

3 comments:

  1. Kelly, so thankful all of you are safe! It seems like we have had constant storms and power outages this summer. I usually love storms, but for the first time I think I am getting to the point where I have had enough.

    Beautiful table runner. I keep telling myself I need to learn how to sew. I have a feeling if I learned I would never stop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina, I am glad you are as well. I agree with you storms don't usually bother me. Makes me want to move..haha.
    Thanks. We just used up some of the fabric we had left over with the exception of the gray fabric. I don't like to waste. Maybe I will put it on my list of things I need to learn..maybe this winter. Have a wonderful day ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tornados! That's scary. Glad you and your family are ok. Love the runner, it's so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...