Friday, September 30, 2011

Demo Part 2: Clean And Clear

Hello!
I am writing a little late today..got sidetracked by a garage sale.  Now it wouldn't have been successful if I didn't buy something and of course I did for $1.  A really cool vase that I will show you in a later post : )

I want to continue the saga of our water issue in the basement.  If you just joined us you can check out how we had to tear out the floor and the process here.

We left off on how the pipe goes into a "Y" and it leads to my kitchen and to the laundry room.  To make sure that we didn't have any more blockage we called the city plumber and a regular plumber.  One to make sure the outside line is clear and the other to make sure the inner line is functioning fine.


Here he is snaking out the pipe..


The good thing is our pipes were not blocked.
 
Corey is digging and getting the dirt removed from the area surrounding the pipes.


It's a relief when you get to the source of an issue.  Putting a band-aid on the problem will only delay the inevitable.

We will show you how to get it all connected ...stay tuned.



1 comment:

  1. Oh this does not look fun at all! I've always thought it would be nice to have a basement, but seeing this makes me appreciate not having one. On another note, I love the new look of your blog and the adorable picture of you and your husband. Good luck I hope the mess and leak are fixed up soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...