Thursday, May 24, 2012

How Do I Start?

Good Morning!

Everyone looking forward to Memorial Day Weekend?
I know I am : )  
I always look forward to those little breaks and get some time to refuel.

Right now I am in the middle of some projects..some for others and for our home as well.
I have had some people ask me how do I come up with a plan for a space?

I know it might be different for some but for me..I go for what inspires me at the moment.  

For example

 We were at the mall and my daughter saw this picture.  When I saw it I knew we had to have it and that it belonged in our living room. It really spoke to me. This would be the starting point for the direction of the room and for the rest of the house.

I took this inspiration and the rest of the elements came.


First step..find something that inspires you.  Find something that you absolutely love.

Another example..
I saw these pictures online


(unknown)
 This was a starting off point for my kitchen.





All we have done so far is paint the walls gray and the trim is bright white. 
Next will be either to get new appliances or to add the carrera marble.

If you don't know what direction to take a room in..start looking around at what you love.  Now you have that first building block to start to make a room into what you dream of.
You can do it : )

Wishing you all a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!


























2 comments:

  1. Kitchen is looking so good so far!!! The paint made a huge difference

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessica! Little by Little : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...