Tuesday, May 29, 2012

How To Make It Cohesive?

Good Morning!!

How was your Memorial Day?

We had such a good time at the lake..
Yep, I look a little crazy here but the wind was blowing hard..haha.

Now that I am back to reality I am painting again.

I recently wrote about how I start the process of building a room.  You can read more about that here.
Now the question is .. How do you bring two rooms together in a  cohesive manner?

I do it by having the rooms call to each other.  There are colors in each room that you will find in another room of my house in some form (especially the common areas).

In this picture of my living room you can see the gray and browns in the pillows.  All neutral, warm colors.

My kitchen..


I brought the gray into my kitchen which has a doorway that you can see into my dining and living room space.

The kitchen also leads into my laundry room.  Don't you just love the floral border and the little curtain? (sarcasm)

I want the space to feel continuous and not choppy.  So I decided to paint the room the same gray as the kitchen (which I am still working on) and I picked up this fabric for $3.50 a yard..

My husband and I are going to make a cornice for the windows in my kitchen and my laundry room with this fabric.

I have also begun painting my cabinetry in the laundry room..


The back wall is painted gray and as you can tell I am far from finished.  I try to do it in between all my other responsibilities.  It is coming together and I always love seeing progress.

As you can see, all the rooms speak to one another in the same language but done in slightly different ways.

Hope you have a wonderful week : )








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...