Monday, December 3, 2012

DIY Christmas Wreath

Good Morning!

Every Christmas the kids and I add a new craft to our decor.

For ex.  we did this one a couple years ago.
Made of Marshmallows..which now hangs in my kitchen.  It looks the same as it did when we made it.  You can find out more about this wreath here

This year I kinda did more than our usual one craft.  I want to share with you one we have completely finished and was inspired by the famous Canadian designer, Sarah Richardson of HGTV.

Here is what you will need..

 Boa feathers..I got mine at Hobby Lobby.  I absolutely LOVE that store.  They were $7.99 and you need two of them for one wreath.  I made two wreaths.

Galvanized Steel Wire..I already had from a previous project.  Ace Hardware $3.19


 I wanted to add battery operated lights and purchased these from WalMart at $7.98 each and I needed two packages for the two wreaths. 


 Of course, a foam wreath.  Hobby Lobby at $4.99 (I bought 2)


 The first thing I did was to secure the battery pack to the back of the wreath


No one will ever see the mess : )

I then wrapped the lights all the way around and tucked the end into the wire.

Did the same for the boa..


 I then hung them on my windows with these..


Suction cups with hooks..you can purchase these at Home Depot for a couple dollars.

And here is the final product..


Now, I don't have a pic with the lights on because my camera just wasn't doing it justice.

What projects are you creating for the Holidays?






































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...