Friday, October 21, 2011

How's Your Journey Going?

Hello All!  

A couple of weeks ago around 2am I woke up from falling asleep in my family room and my husband had just finished recording music in the studio when we got the news that someone we knew had passed away.
We were devastated.
He had just got finished speaking and said to his wife, "I love you. I'll see you at home." He never got a chance to make it there.


Corey and I knew we had to go to the memorial service.

We all piled in our car and made the long 8hr drive to Ohio.  It was a lot of time to think.
I thought about how fleeting life is...I thought about my husband..my children.

What kind of legacy will I leave behind?  Will it be something I am proud of?

All I know is this...
I want to be a wonderful wife.  I want to be a place of safety and acceptance for my husband.  I want to stay true to the vows I took.


I want to be a great mother for my children.  A place of assurance and unconditional love.  I want to be an encourager of dreams.


I want to be an incredible friend, one who will sharpen you to become better and tell you the truth even if it hurts because I love you.


This drive was bitter sweet.  It put this thing called "Life" into perspective. The realization that there is more than this.

Yes, Ohio, I welcome you.  I thank you, God, for this dear man and family and for the shift in perspective.

May all of us live a little more purposefully today.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear the loss of your friend. It is hard to grasp that we never know what tomorrow brings. What a thought provoking post. And a good challenge to all of us wherever are life may be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said! Sending you a big hug and an echo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sorry to hear about your loss. I think when the dust settles, all that really matters are the things you said: being a great mother, wife, and friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly,
    So saddened for your loss. As I read your post about LIFE it sure made me reflect on how you have touched so many people in such a positive way....as a mom, a wife and as a friend. Even though we have not "technically"met in real life....I count you as an incredible friend in my life. You are surely blessed in so many ways.
    Much love, Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your very kind comments. You have all touched my life and I am the richer for it. I am also better off because I knew him. Thank you, Lynne, for that. You have been amazing and inspire me with your life and your attitude about it. I am honored for you to be my friend. Thank you for blogging.. all of you.. because of that our paths have crossed and for that I am so grateful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...