Monday, October 17, 2011

Can It Be: Living Room (and some cool news)

Hey Everyone!
The weather is beginning to change and my wood stove is working in full force in the evenings.  I wrote about ours here.  I love it and it saves us on our energy bills.

Let's do a recap of what has been accomplished so far..

Family Room (still a work in progress)..
(need new furniture..but my floors are done)


Hallway

Dining Room


Now we move onto our living room.
I wish I had the complete before pics but I don't.  All I can say is it had the same nasty, stained, beige carpet that was throughout the house.  Watercolored huge valance over the windows with the long 1980's blinds.  All the walls throughout the house were painted white except for the family room.

For those of you who have been around the blog for awhile you know what I asked for right away.. tear up that carpet and lets continue the hardwood floors.

We continued the hardwood floors from the family room..to the dining room and into the living room space.  We moved from a really small home and needed new furniture.  We got this at a steal from Slumberland.  The two white chairs are Natuzzi and they were a discontinued item that we got at an unbelievable price.  As you can see we continued the chocolate venetian plaster wall oppsite of the wall in the dining area.  I love the big windows!  I am the kind of person that has to have a lot of natural light in a space.

The floors came out beautiful and again my husband did a great job. 

Will let you know how this furniture arrangement faired.

SIDE NOTE:  
I wanted to share the announcement from Jane Tv from twitter

Jane.tv

Att Chicago Area Janes! Keep an eye on www.jane.tv website for upcoming fun events in your area with your very own Chi Town girl
I will keep you posted on what this all entails..  Have a great week all!



2 comments:

  1. omg i am in LOVE with your dinning room and your floors! they look amazing!!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate you coming by and for your sweet comment. I will be checking out your fitness page. Have a wonderful day : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...